An HVAC system is an integral part of every home, and it is crucial to take care of it properly to enjoy its benefits for many years.
The average lifespan of an air conditioning unit is about 15 years. Still, it is possible to extend its lifespan with proper maintenance and care. At Stephan Home Comfort, we have put together a list of 8 ways to increase the typical air conditioning unit lifespan:
- Schedule regular maintenance: Just like with any other machinery, regular tune-ups and check-ups are essential for keeping your air conditioning unit in quality condition. By scheduling professional maintenance appointments at least once a year, you can catch potential problems early on and prevent them from turning into major repairs. Call us today to schedule an HVAC maintenance plan if you are in Garden Grove, CA. We offer customized maintenance plans as per your need.
- Change the air filter regularly: Another important way to take care of your air conditioning unit is to change the air filter regularly. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your air conditioner to work harder than it needs to. As a result, it will use more energy and wear out faster. To avoid this, check the air filter every month and change it as needed.
- Keep the area around the air conditioning unit clear: It is important to keep the area around your AC unit clear so that it can operate efficiently. Any obstacles blocking the airflow will cause the unit to work harder and shorten its lifespan. When you schedule AC service with us, we will ensure your AC unit is clean and running efficiently. Call us today for more information on HVAC service in Garden Grove.
- Use a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat can help you save energy and extend the life of your air conditioning unit. By setting the thermostat to a higher temperature when you are away from home, you can significantly reduce the amount of time your AC unit is running.
- Keep the air conditioning unit clean: It is important to clean your air conditioner regularly to keep it running efficiently. This includes cleaning the coils and removing debris accumulated around the unit.
- Upgrade to a more energy-efficient model: If your air conditioning unit is more than ten years old, it is likely not as energy-efficient as newer models. Upgrading to a more energy-efficient model can help you save money on your energy bills and extend the life of your air conditioning unit.
- Use a cover for the air conditioning unit: During the winter months, it is important to use a cover for your air conditioning unit to protect it from the elements. It will help keep the AC unit clean and free of debris and also prevent ice and snow from damaging the AC unit.
- Be mindful of the temperature: One of the most important things you can do to extend the life of your air conditioning unit is to be mindful of the temperature. Setting the temperature too low can strain the AC unit, so it is important to find a comfortable balance.
Following these tips can increase the air conditioning unit’s lifespan and enjoy many years of reliable service. If you require any assistance or have any other questions about prolonging the lifespan of your air conditioning unit, contact Stephan Home Comfort today. If your HVAC system is already experiencing issues, call us at (714) 894-6500 for HVAC repair service in Garden Grove, CA. We will be happy to help you keep your HVAC system running smoothly and efficiently.