The heating system in your house is a very important part of your lives, as it warms your family in time of need. It provides you with heat when you need it the most. But at times, your heating system faces failure. How can you resolve this issue? When your heating system fails, you must perform some simple checks and contact a professional HVAC technician to repair it. Read further to get an idea of the problem and understand if you need a heating repair in Garden Grove.
Simple checks you should perform when your heating system fails
- You need to ensure that your thermostat is switched on and set according to your preferences.
- You must make sure that there are no tripped circuits, due to the heavy load.
- Make sure the heating system devices are connected correctly.
- Make sure there are no leakages in pipes.
- Make sure the air ducts and vents are cleared and possess no hindrance to the ventilation.
- Make sure your outdoor unit is not covered by anything that may block the airflow.
A majority of heating systems fail because of simple issues that you can resolve with ease. After performing these checks, you should try starting your heating system again. If the problem continues, you need to call a professional technician to repair your heating.
Common problems a heating system might face
There are several reasons due to which your heating system might fail. We have categorized the most seen heating problems based on the type of heating system. Check the following types of heating systems and their issues.
Furnace Heating System
A furnace heating system uses a furnace to blow hot air throughout the house and heat it.
- Noisy Furnace: If your furnace makes unexpected noises, it might be due to loosened components. Get it repaired by a professional.
- Sulphuric Odor: If you smell a sulphuric odor, it could mean a gas leak. Turn off your furnace and call an expert immediately.
- Yellow-colored Pilot Light: Your pilot light must be a solid blue color. If it’s yellow, you are looking at a carbon monoxide leak. Turn off your furnace immediately and contact an HVAC technician.
Boiler Heating System
This heating system uses a boiler to heat water and transfers it through pipes throughout the house.
- Leakage: As this heating system uses pipes, there is a high risk of pipes bursting and leaking. Call a professional to get it fixed.
- Frozen Pipes: If the boiler isn’t used for a long time, there is a chance of the water freezing. It happens when the temperature is close to the freezing point.
Heat Pump System
This system uses a heat pump as the primary device. It uses the surrounding air to heat or cool based on its setting.
- Broken Reversing Valve: The reversing valve is the component that switches the heat pump between the heating and cooling modes. If it is broken, you might need a professional to repair or replace it.
- The Air Handler is Malfunctioning: If your inner unit isn’t taking in any air while the outer one is running, your air handler isn’t working. A broken motor might be the reason. Get it repaired by an expert technician.
Now you know the cause of your heating system failure. Make the correct decision as recommended. Always remember that health-related issues such as gas leaks or allergens need to be taken care of immediately. It is recommended never to delay these issues as they may mean severe risks to your family.
Stephan Home Comfort is the best!
Getting a heating repair done is not something to stress over. You should contact a reputed HVAC company and specify your problem. Call Stephan Home Comfort for all types of heating services and heating repair in Garden Grove. The trained and certified technicians we hire always fulfill all your expectations.